Saturday, April 18, 2009

Gasworks Park, April 18th, 2009

The often wrong and much reviled Seattle weather team promise us that our long and miserable winter is really over this time. Personally I would rather trust my weather beetle but at least we had one nice day. Here is the view of Seattle from Gasworks Park on the north shore of Lake Union...









Update, Mid-April, 2009:

This winter I took an honest assessment of my progress with the guitar. After what should have been a terrific but turned into a toxic experience at The Puget Sound Guitar Workshop last summer and after making my winter assessment, I have to realistically admit that I am never going to be a guitar player. Did somebody say "BANJO!" ? Yes. I did. Even though PSGW was a toxic experience for me I still met a lot of great people there and among the greatest were the banjo players. When I got home from that ill-fated camp I immediately went to Stu Herrick's music store, The Folkstore, and bought a banjo. I am going to give the banjo as many years and as much effort as I gave the guitar and see whare it takes me.



No comments: